Sell Your RV or Motorhome for More Money
Selling your RV can be a daunting task that requires time and effort. Whether you choose to sell your vehicle yourself or through consignment getting your RV ready for sale can increase the value tremendously when the time comes. Here are some tips for making sure your RV in tip-top shape to get the highest value for the sale.
Deep Clean: Before you sell your RV your should give it a thorough cleaning inside and out. Pressure wash the outside and shine exterior surfaces where possible. Shampoo or deep clean the carpet. Do your best to make it look shiny and new!
Fix smaller problems: Take the time to fix the little things you always said you were going to get around to. Tighten and grease hinges, replace burned out lightbulbs, fix the leaking faucet or uneven step. Give your RV a facelift.
Maintenance: Take it in to get a professional inspection and tune up at a Johnson Rv who specialize in maintenance. Also change the oil and any other smaller replacements so potential buyers know your have maintained the vehicle under the hood too. Luckily Johnson RV does all of this under one roof and offers free pickup and delivery of your RV. There are even monthly specials to make maintaining your RV affordable and easy!
Touch up: Unless there is major damage to the outside of the vehicle take the time touch up the paint or fix any small cosmetic issues. If there is any major damage either take the RV in to get repaired or be comfortable with taking a lower offer at the time of sale. When touching up the paint make sure you use a brush and NOT a spray can. Avoid all this hassle by simply bringing your vehicle into our collision center that boasts a state-of-the-art paint booth.
Depersonalize: While you were living the RV it was your home but a new buyer will want to personalize their new home themselves, so it’s important to depersonalize the vehicle as much as possible by removing bumper stickers, add ons, personal decorations and extra furniture that are not standard in an RV.
- Make sure you include all the current manuals for the vehicle itself and everything in or on it if possible.
- Include a summary report of maintenance if you have one, or do your best to make a log of the major maintenance.
- Research the market value of the RV through a few different channels to inform yourself about the going rate.
- Spend a little bit extra on some basic accessories to make the RV more inviting. Non-faded window treatments make all the difference when it comes to visually assessing value.
Johnson RV is proud to be one of the largest pre-owned Rv dealers in the U.S. This means that to keep up our extremely large inventory we are also one of the largest RV buyers too. We know how hard selling an RV can be difficult so our goal is to make it easier on the seller while still giving them a great price. Here are some of the perks of selling to Johnson RV:
- We pay top dollar for premium pre-owned motorhomes, model year 2002 or newer
- We will pick-up your motorhome from almost anywhere in the U.S.
- We provide FREE APPRAISALS
- Choose from cash today or earn even more cash with our nationally-recognized consignment program
- We make it easy! We handle everything, including paperwork and pick-up!
Don’t just take our word for it. See what some of the people who have sold to us say about the experience in these testimonials. Receive a free quote online or contact us to speak with one of our buying experts. Make selling your RV as easy and painless as possible through us!