Getting a filling meal at the end of a long day at the campground is essential for ensuring you have the energy you need. This delicious, easy camping recipe is the perfect option to give you family a delicious meal that will fill their bellies and get them ready for a great night’s sleep. This one-pot recipe is easy to make and easy to clean up once you’ve fed your crew. Get the full recipe below.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 4 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 4 oz. pasta of your choice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- Lemon juice, optional
- Wash and dry all your produce.
- Carefully slice the zucchini and squash in half lengthwise and then into 1/4″ moons.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot enough to pop when flicked with water, add in the veggies and saute until softened. Approximately 8 minutes should be enough.
- Remove the veggies and set them aside.
- Dump in the pasta, add water to cover, and bring the water to a boil. You’ll need to cook the pasta until tender, you can do this following the package instructions or just keep an eye on it. It should take around 10 minutes, depending on the pasta type. Whatever you do, be sure to continue to stir the pasta frequently to prevent sticking and ensure it cooks evenly.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain, and return to the skillet.
- Stir in the goat cheese and veggies until they are thoroughly coated.
- Top with a squeeze of lemon and serve hot!
Contact us to learn more about the amazing RVs for sale at Johnson RV today! We’ll help you find the right combination of amenities and features to make your camping trips fun for the whole family.